Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Repeated Play Throughs Causing Burn Out!


After doing some reading online, the majority of the advice about writing game walkthroughs was to start them on the first play through.   But really, how does that make sense?  I mean if you don't know the material that you are trying to write about,  then how can you explain it to someone else?   On the other hand,  I am beginning to understand. 

While you do need to know the game inside and out, playing it over and over will burn you out on it quickly.   A perfect example of this is the game I started re-playing (and mentioned in my previous post) in order to write my first walkthrough:  "Uncharted:  Drake's Fortune.   I have now played and beat the main story on both easy and normal mode, and am now in the process of going back (on easy mode again this time) in order to find the few treasures Thai I missed the first time.

While I find that I did enjoy the game overall,  it now is actually getting to be boring as I have played it through 3 times now, and am going through again for what I have missed.  I also have some missing trophies that I was trying to get.   But now I am thinking that I should re-read the advice for writing good walkthroughs and try a different game for a while.

Have any of you ever written a walkthrough? (Or tried to) ?  Did you find yourself totally bored and burned out on the game before you were through?  Feel free to talk about your experience in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment